Healthy Almond Roca
Christmas just is not Christmas without the traditional Almond Roca! Uncle Steve makes the best but we can not and choose not to eat the corn syrup and butter that make it so wonderful! So, we have a twist on the old traditional favorite! This is a great Christmas gift as well for teachers and friends! To fancy it up a bit I will crush almonds and sprinkle over the top of the melted chocolate and it dresses it up a lot!
***NOTE: Listed here is the original recipe. I did not care for the honey as it burned too easily! So, I used coconut nectar and it was much better. I also used maple syrup which was delicious! I also used whole raw almonds instead of slivered!
|Healthy Almond Roca|| |
- ⅔ c. Grass fed Butter (For a dairy free version you can also use coconut oil, just doesn't set as hard, or Earth Balance Sticks)
- ½ c. Honey (or coconut nectar or maple syrup)
- 1 c. Almond Slices
- 1 Bag GF/DF Dark Chocolate Chips
- Boil butter and honey to 300 degrees.
- Add almonds cook 1 more minute.
- Pour on buttered cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle as many chocolate chips on top as desired and spread.
- Put in fridge to set.
- Crack by hitting with large spoon.
- Store in fridge.