In the search for food that everyone can eat I have finally figured out with a little tweaking I came up with a base in which you can add whatever “flavor” you would like. Flavor ideas: blueberry (add fresh or frozen blueberries), chocolate chip (add GF/DF chocolate chips, strawberry rhubarb (add fresh or frozen chopped strawberry and rhubarb), lemon poppyseed (add 2T. lemon zest and 1T. poppy seeds), etc…
The important thing for success is that you allow the flax and water to sit for 10-15 minutes and gel, or else your muffins will fall apart!
|Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free Perfect Muffins Every Time!|| |
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1¾ c. Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- ⅔ c. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. GF Vanilla
- (Mixed and let sit 10-15 minutes: 1 T. ground flax with 3 T. water)
- 2 Ripe Smashed Bananas
- ½ c. Grapeseed Oil
- ½ c. Coconut Milk (or Rice or Almond)
- ½- 1c Flavor choice (blueberries, chocolate chips, nuts, etc...)
- In one bowl mix all dry ingredients
- In another mix all wet ingredients.
- Slow dump dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix well. I use my mixer on speed 8 for the last minute to dissolve all lumps from flour!
- Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes (oven variations, keep an eye on them, when they look "set: in the middle and are golden brown on the edges) remove from oven. Leave in pan to cool for at lease 5 minutes (this cooks the insides and helps it set up, if you remove them to early they will crumble). Remove from pan and cool completely on an wire rack!
Not only can you make these muffins any flavor you desire you can also make them any size. Cooking varies for each size: about 7 minutes for mini, about 20-25 for regular, and about 30-35 for jumbo!
*BULK BAKING & FREEZING: I usually triple these which make 24 regular sized muffins, 24 mini muffins (for lunch boxes and snacking), and 6 jumbo muffins!