I actually was not going to do a blog today but this was just too cute not to! I am out doing some writing at a coffee shop, my favorite place in the world (hahaha…). Then I get an email with a photo attached. It said, “Here is a blog idea, even a husband can make home made GF pancakes.” I looked at the pictures and could not resist giving him the spotlight.
My husband is so amazing to put up with me and all my playing around in the kitchen. He has even started to venture out. Today I just left him the flours, ingredients and recipe for the best ever DF/GF pancakes that are homemade. The recipe if from a great blog The Gluten Free Goddess
|Even Daddy Can Make These "Homemade" GF/DF Amazing Pancakes|| |
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1¾ cups sorghum, millet or brown rice flour*
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 organic free-range eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Make flour mix. Mix wet ingredients. Blend wet into dry. Blend until smooth. Use a griddle or frying pan and pour batter. When bubbly and golden brown, flip. When other side is golden brown, remove and eat! Enjoy!
So, give it a try. If he can do, anyone can (right?). I think ya’all should give this one to your hubbies for Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day. If my guy can do it, so can yours! Go for it DAD!
“Way to go daddy!”
Have an amazing weekend,