Right now this is my favorite meal! It is so tasty and inexpensive to make. It freezes well and is a great quick meal out of the freezer. So, double it up and then freeze the second batch for a easy weekday meal.
|Sundried Tomato Chicken- Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free Option|| |
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup basil leaves (fresh)
- 3 cloves of garlic (at least)
- 1 c. chicken broth
- ½ c. organic heavy cream or canned coconut milk
- ¼ c. parmesean or pecarino (sheep based cheese) or nutritional yeast (dairy free)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste (about 1 tsp)
- ⅓ c. sundried tomatoes in olive oil (already sliced is easiest)
- Family pack bone in tights (can use any cut of chicken)
- 3 T. grassfed butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Melt ½ the butter in large oven proof skillet, add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Melt the other ½ of the butter (coconut oil or grapeseed oil) in pan add garlic and cook string frequently until fragrant, about a minute or so. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream (or coconut milk), sundries tomatoes, parmesan, thyme, oregano, and basil, then cook a few minutes.
- Top with fresh basil. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened, return chicken to the skillet.
- Place in over and roast until cooked through completely, until internal temperature is 180 degrees, about 30-45 minutes.
Have you registered for the conference? I will be having a table of my favorite baking mixes for sale and sample! Don’t miss this great event, detail here!