This is a fun festive dessert that everyone loves. It is very dense and rich, but oh soooo good. Sweetened with honey and a grain free crust makes it much healthier than the run of the mill pie! Goes great with a cup of dark roast. Just a note a little goes a long way, start with a small piece and then have more if you can!
|Grain Free French Silk Pie (with dairy free option)|| |
- 4 Farm Fresh Organic COLD Eggs or ORGANIC (Do not use conventional store bought eggs for this one)!
- 1 T. Organic Cocoa Powder
- ¾ c. Honey (works with ½ c. too- that is how I like it, not soooo sweet)
- 2 c. or 1 lb Butter Softened (GRASS FED is best, Organic is good, but do not use conventional for this either!) (For Diary Free Use 4 sticks of Earth Balance)
- 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- In a mixer whip butter, honey, vanilla, & cocoa. Then add one cold egg, allow it to whip on medium speed for 5 minutes, then add egg #2 (cold) for an additional 5 minutes, then egg #3 (cold) for an additional 5 minutes, then egg # 4 for the last 5 minute. Then scoop filling into almond pie crust or gluten free and chill.
Top this with mini chocolate chips, candy cane bits (you can actually get candy canes with out food coloring or corn syrup at the co-op), etc… Enjoy!
Recipe for Gluten Free Crust
Recipe for Grain Free Crust
Happy New Year to you all. May it be filled with JOY, LOVE, HAPPINESS & HEALTH! Thank you for following me and supporting me on this journey to living healthy. You are all amazing and I honor you and how you are living healthier lives!!! Blessings to you all in 2015 a year of ABUNDANCE & PEACE!