It is pesto time of year. And I take advantance of the plethera of it around. The farmers markets have it for a buck or two a bunch and if you grow it yourself it grows like a weed! We love pesto on everything from noodles, meats, and drizzled over fresh tomatoes! Here is my favorite recipe that my sister in law gave me years ago! Hope you enjoy it!
|Gluten Free Pesto with Dairy Free Option|| |
- 1c. Olive Oil
- ¼ c. Grated Pecarino (sheep based) cheese or 1T, Nutritional Yeast (for dairy free)
- ¼ c. Walnuts or Pinenuts (walnuts are cheaper)
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt (more to taste if desired)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Huge handful of FRESH basil
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth! Enjoy on pasta, over chicken or salmon! Freezes well!
Comment below and let us know what you ate your pesto with!