Well, today while scouring Target for a fun “treat/gift” for my kiddos for Valentine’s Day I came up empty handed. I wanted something new and exciting.
Hmmmm…all of a sudden I spotted a cookie cake all decorated with festive “I love yous”, “hearts”, and the like! I had the thought, “Sometimes I just wish we could eat this junk too!” It was a quick thought because in actuality I am very happy we are unable to eat that “junk”. But, it got me thinking! How about a grain free, naturally sweetened, and naturally colored Cookie Cake? Well…the experiment begins!
First Step: Create the Cookie
|Grain Free Naturally Sweetened Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake|| |
- 1½ cups of Blanched Almond Flour (store-bought or homemade)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pure honey
- 1 whole egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips (Lilly "stevia" sweetened)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and egg, and mix well.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and mix well until a uniform batter is achieved, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, or cookie scoop, drop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, or until golden around the edges, turning the pan half-way through baking time.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Second Step: Create the Frosting: Still in process (accidently posted too soon, will post as soon as I create it, LOL!)
Last Step: Enjoy!