|Palio Pancakes|| |
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, if you plan on baking these. (My preferred method.)
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until a smooth, uniform batter is created.
- Scoop the batter using a ¼ cup onto the lined baking sheet, to form 7-8 pancakes. You will probably need two lined baking sheets, if you’d like to bake these all at once.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the pancakes are fluffy and golden. This is my preferred method, since you don’t need to use any extra oil for frying, and you can cook all the pancakes at once without even flipping them!
- Alternatively, you can pan-fry these pancakes in a greased skillet over medium-high heat. Flip when the edges are firm and golden, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve piping hot, with fresh fruit and/or pure maple syrup, if you like.