Cookies with Grandpa!
“Hands On” Spritz Cookies
Family and cookies are a tradition of Christmas in our family! This family favorite is so easy that even my 6 year old and grandpa could join in the fun!
This holiday favorite has taken a long time to perfect! First was finding a recipe that worked. Then the search for the right flour blend that would produce the melt in your mouth “spritz” cookies as well as stay together in the pressed form!
THE FLOUR: The important key here is to use a
light baking flour, the one I used is the King Arthur’s gluten free flour. This is the only one that I have found that gave me the results I was looking for! You can find it online easily and some co-ops carry it!
|Spritz Cookies|| |
- ½ c. Grass fed Butter
- ½ c. Non-hydro Shortening
- ⅔ c. Powder Sugar
- 1 Egg plus 1 Yolk
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 ½ c. GF Flour (GF King Arthur)
- 2 C. Powder Sugar
- 2 T. Milk (Almond, Rice, etc…fine)
- 2 T. Grass fed Butter
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract or Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar, extract, eggs. Mix dry ingredients, stir in. Chill. Roll out or use a spritz machine to make shaped cookies! Bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes.