This week we had a few days off due to the subzero weather. I also had to get creative as I did not want to go out in the cold to restock our cupboards, so I just cooked with what I could find. For lunch I found some GF penne noodles, goat gouda, and spaghetti sauce. Perfect- baked ziti! I was thinking this is a huge lunch however I can use the leftovers for lunch boxes tomorrow! Well…you will see what happend with that idea in a bit.
|Gluten Free Baked Ziti with Dairy Free Option|| |
- 1 bag or box of gluten free ziti noodles
- 1 jar of your favorite GF spaghetti sauce
- Grated goat gouda cheese split in 2 parts
- (I use ½ a block from Costco or 1 block from Trader Joes which I would guess is about 2c. total)
- Dried: orageno, basil, thyme
- Cook noodles according to directions on the box. In a 9x13 pan dump the spaghetti sauce and stir in the ½ the cheese. When the noodles are done strain and dump into the sauce mixture. Stir until well coated. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for about ½ hour in a 350 degree oven!
I made the ziti with salad and everyone loved it! Here is what happened to my leftovers however….
*NOTE: To make this recipe dairy free substitute the goat gouda for Diaya Mozerella.