Last night I was unprepared for dinner as I got caught up in a bunch of home improvement projects! So, at 5:30 with complaints all around I began dinner…..
Hmmmmm, no meat thawed out and nothing much in the house other than fruits and veggies.
So, I sliced up a bunch of purple onion and caramelized them. Then add a bit of garlic, a sprinkle of thyme and oregano. When that was all tender I added broccoli, diced zucchini, and diced japanese egg plant. I let that cook until tender and then tossed it with some GF spaghetti noodles, fresh chopped tomatoes and basil, a drizzle of red wine vinegar and some olive oil. I topped it off with grated pecarino cheese and a few cranks black pepper! Our side was corn on the cob…it was a hit! Everyone loved it and it was sooooo easy. A great way to use up all those veggies in my fridge! The result a new great summer recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
|Recipe of the Week: Pasta Fresca Kelli Style!|| |
- Sauté the following until golden and tender....
- 3 purple onions sliced
- Then add...
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- The following Veggies chopped:
- ½ a good sized zucchini
- ½ a japanese egg plant
- Sprinkle with about a tsp. of the following dried herbs...
- (fresh is great if you have it on hand, I did not!)
- Then... (stir in)
- cooked GF spaghetti noodles
- handful of basil
- handful of cherry tomatoes (sliced in quarters)
- Drizzle with...
- red wine vinegar (about a tablespoon)
- olive oil (a few tablespoons)
- Top with...
- Grated pecarino cheese and a few sprinkles of cracked black pepper
- Looks hard, but is really easy!
- Included above!
Let me know what you think about this recipe in the comments below. Did you make any changes you want to share? Have a good one, off to finish some more house projects today!