Check out the new section of my blog called “Just Like Everyone Else!” I have created this section to make it easy to find recipes that you can serve others or serve your kids that “LOOK” like everyone else’s but are GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE! I have found that many times my kids have felt left out or shorted by having to follow a special diet. So, it has been one of my missions to create things that fit their dietary restraints but also “LOOK” like everyone else’s!
I must say all of the recipes in this section may not be 100% healthy, but the idea of them is to make my kids feel “normal” at a birthday party or special event (sleep overs, bonfires, camp outs, etc…) These are not everyday foods, they are “treats”!
This cup cake I made from my daughters birthday, it is an example of what you will find in this area of the blog! I found this recipe at sarahbakesgfree.com and gave it a few tweeks like: added a different flour blend, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, and grass fed butter!
|Vanilla GF Cupcake|| |
- 1¾ cups Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Flour Mix or King Arthurs GF Flour Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup vanilla coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup grape seed seed oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Grass Fedbutter, softened
- ¼ cup organic non-hydrogenated shortening
- 3 cups organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons dairy free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix all dry cupcake ingredients in a small bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix all liquid ingredeints in a large bowl: coconut milk, water, vinegar, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Blend dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and fill ¾ full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean!
- Frosting: Blend butter, non-hydrogenated shortening, milk and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar until it is the consistency you would like! Pipe or smear on each cup cake, top with a fresh berry!
If you enjoy this recipe try GF/DF doughnuts, great for sleepovers! To get these and other amazing recipes in your inbox just click the follow button on the right side of the screen and they will come to you!
Have a great day,